Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Is TESS driving you CRAZY yet? Here's a new idea for displaying your portfolios!

We've been going TESS crazy up here in the NWA, but I'm sure the rest of the state is scrambling to adopt this new teaching evaluation model.  If you're running out of ideas of how to display and showcase artifacts, PGPs, and other items, check out my portfolio from last year.  As we all know, the EAST classroom is very different, which I felt that I could do something very unique with my Professional Growth Plan last year.

I decided to do an interactive YouTube portfolio.  Yes, I'm a big nerd and could have easily created a hand-held 3-ring portfolio with color coded tabs and a bedazzled cover with glitter, sequins and the whole works...but if given the opportunity to sit in front of a camera and yap about EAST projects, I'll take it!  Plus, its way easier to email your principal a link instead of giving her/him a binder that just ends up collecting dust.

Play around with it, navigate through some of the menus.  Keep in mind, my PGP was to focus on Benchmark scores, but we did not have those new test scores when our PGP portfolios were due...so I used MAP test scores to supplement my message.

Feel free to copy, duplicate, or borrow any of these ideas...I think this format of portfolio could be really useful when it comes to TESS documentation.  Enjoy.

Josh


0 comments:

Post a Comment